[mythtv-users] Can't log in!

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:47:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Jonno <jonnojohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to check, do you have /home /var and /tmp in separate partitions
>>> or are any of these locations within the / partition?
>>>
>>> I learn't the hard way and now create separate partitions to avoid
>>> unexpectedly running out of space on the root partition.
>>
>> I'll check tonight. I know for sure /var is a separate partion. I
>> think there are about 5 partitions other than /

Ok so here is my partition table. sdb is a 320GB drive
sda is a 1TB drive which is connected in a rather unusual way. It sits
in an external enclosure with its own power supply but is actually
connected to the motherboard via a SATA to eSATA cable.

jonno at jonno-mythbuntu:~$ df -Th
Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1     ext3     12G  8.7G  1.8G  84% /
udev         tmpfs    989M  352K  989M   1% /dev
none         tmpfs    989M  4.0K  989M   1% /dev/shm
none         tmpfs    989M  340K  989M   1% /var/run
none         tmpfs    989M     0  989M   0% /var/lock
none         tmpfs    989M     0  989M   0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sdb6      xfs    286G  199G   87G  70% /var/lib
/dev/sda1      xfs    932G  844G   88G  91% /var/lib/mythtv

Seems to be working ok now. I ran the repair, check and optimize
functions available in Mythweb.
So how do I figure out where problems might arise in the future and
what should I do about it?