[mythtv-users] Time to record past end of show setting doesn't work

Steve Johnson sjohnson29 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:21:55 UTC 2010

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention that I'm running Myth .21.

I really want to use the "Time to record past end of show (in seconds)"
setting (RecordOverTime in settings table) for what it was designed for as
opposed to recording an extra full minute in the recording rules. I also use
the recording rules setting for its purpose, but want to be able to have
recordings that are supposed to record 30 minutes, actually record 30
minutes, or 30 minutes and 5 seconds instead of always 29 minutes and 56
seconds no matter what this setting is set to.

A couple years ago I had a problem with the "Time to record before start of
show (in seconds)" setting (RecordPreRoll in settings table) until I found
that the hostname in the settings table for this setting was incorrectly set
with the name of one of my slave boxes instead of the master. Once I changed
that to the master host name, the before start setting started working
correctly. But I've verified that the hostname for RecordOverTime is set to
the master's host name and that when I change the setting in the Myth
Frontend, it does change in the db, but Myth for some reason, doesn't heed
the settings.

Any other ideas?

--
Steve