[mythtv-users] Use yum-priorities and lirc?

Andy Hohenner hohenner at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 04:11:36 UTC 2010

Jarod Wilson wrote:

>> Don't know if this would be useful to this conversation, I'm in the process
>> of setting up a new myth system under F12 and am keeping careful notes of
>> what I'm doing, changes to the environments, yum installs, applications
>> installed, etc. Of course it's mostly a collection of the previously
>> mentioned guide and a couple of others. So, I probably have a bunch of
>> excess junk there, but it seems to work as far as I've gotten (fighting with
>> getting HDMI audio output working).
>>
>> If it'ld be useful, I can look at cleaning it up and posting / sharing.
>>

> Please feel free to make any necessary changes to the mythtv wiki
> page, that's probably the best place to put the updated info.

Before I started editing the mythtv wiki, does anyone have
recommendations on proper etiquette?
I installed from SVN so I'm guessing my notes should go on:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora

but there is alot of extra scenario information ( like dealing with
NVIDIA drivers and automating downloading from SVN) that I did not do.
Should I add my notes to the discussion page and let the original poster
merge or is there a better route someone would recommend?

Andy