[mythtv-users] Switching from trunk to 0.22-fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 15 06:29:14 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 12:15 AM, Andy Hohenner wrote:
> I made a mistake in setting up my new mythtv system, I checked out of
> SVN trunk rather than the 0.22-fixes branch.
>
> I tried checking out the 0.22-fixes branch and installing it, but get
> an error that the database is at the wrong schema version and it
> aborts launching...
>
> Of course, I noticed after I've had it running for a couple days and
> have shows recorded. Is there an easy way to switch to the 0.22-fixes
> branch (or should I just wait a couple weeks and try switching again?)

Once you go trunk, you can never go back.

Your only choices at this point are:

a) revert to the pre-upgrade backup and take the new recordings you made
since the upgrade and put them in MythVideo or use the unmaintained,
legacy script to import them into your 0.22-fixes database after you revert

or

b) Go to 0.23-fixes when it exists

Mike