[mythtv-users] Please help me with internal player and subtitles

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Fri Jan 15 09:20:14 UTC 2010

I've also noticed that mythtv has serious problems with subtitles. It helps
to convert them to UTF-8, but they don't still always stay in sync. I had to
make menu entry for XBMC in mainmenu to be able to use that for watching
some movies from mythtv.

That's sad it's broken. It's not a reason to abandon subtitles by saying
it's only for illegal stuff. It's not true, at least here in Finland the
broadcasts for some channels come with teletext subtitle texts, and if we
need to transcode the show mythtv drops the subtitles. So transcoding needs
to be done first using projectX to extract the subs. And that's perfectly
legal case, but unfortunately very worksome. And not reliable from mythtv
part.

But I think there is no active mythtv developers enough from places which
have networks with the same method of using subs. So it won't raise the
interest to fix it.

 -ikke