[mythtv-users] Recommendations for VDPAU board suitable for 1080i (Advanced 2x)

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:19:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> As the OP for this thread, I'm not sure anybody has answered my
> original question, although I may have missed the answer as messages
> were flying by.  Alternatively, I may not have phrased the question
> properly.
>
> Can anybody recommend a specific VDPAU capable card that supports
> Advanced 2x deinterlacing for 1080i?
>
> I was hoping for an answer like, "I have a Zotac XXX-YYY-ZZZ card and
> it works great!"
>
> I was especially hoping for an answer like, "I have a fanless Zotac
> XXX-YYY-ZZZ card and it works great!"

I've been watching this thread with interest since I want to make a
similar decision.  From other reading it appears that the GT220 is the
most fit for purpose for mythtv duties given it can handle advanced 2x
AND pass the new HD audio formats (which none of the 8XXX and 9XXX
can).

There are 29 GT220 cards listed with newegg :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048%201305520548%20106793264%201067949650&name=GeForce%20GT%20220
 but none of them are fanless.  There are fanless GT240 cards - but
they are more expensive.

I think I'll probably buy one of these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125295 since
it has DDR3 memory and what looks like a bigger (and hopefully)
quieter fan, or wait for a fanless to be released in the US.