[mythtv-users] My Dad keeps missing Emmerdale & Coronation Street? (Could not connect to server "" @ port -1)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jan 15 16:26:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently he has been noticing that some programs have been listed as
> recorded but when he goes to watch them it says something like
> "unable to find the recording".
> This problem has been intermittent.

All I can say is that it's not just you or something specific to your
set up.  It's been discussed on this list many times and there hasn't
been any conclusion.

It seems that sometimes mythTV just fails to get a recording when
there's some problem with the tuner (for various types of tuner) and
it just doesn't notice.  It thinks it got the recording, but there's
nothing on disk when you go to play it.  It happens in .21 and still
happens in .22.

It happens quite frequently for me with firewire recordings at
apparently random times and it's happened with HDHR recordings where
the provider has moved or encrypted the channel.

Eric