[mythtv-users] My Dad keeps missing Emmerdale & Coronation Street? (Could not connect to server "" @ port -1)

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:26:00 UTC 2010

> Recently he has been noticing that some programs have been listed as
> recorded but when he goes to watch them it says something like
> "unable to find the recording".

I reported this ages ago and was told it was me only having the
problem.  On my system it does one of three things:

1. It records fine
2. It records fine but does not add the record to the database so it
appears in Watch Recordings (I solve this by running a script in cron
which automatically adds missing recordings)
3. It just does not record (does not happen that often for me now but
if this happens I have no means of knowing if it has recorded unless
it is a programme I love watching so I know it has been missed).

One thing that has helped me in the past is deleting all records in
channels, dtv_privatetypes, dtv_multiplex (assume Freeview) and do a
full retune.  At times I think the tuning params change a bit and
MythTV is not very forgiving.  Remember if you do this you need to
setup your guide data etc again and make sure you do a mythbackend
--resched after all changes have been made.

Some ideas for you anyway.