[mythtv-users] No Live TV

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Jan 15 17:54:14 UTC 2010

Dan Wilga wrote:
> One annoying thing I've hit a few times is that if Live TV's "last
> viewed channel" is set to something that no longer exists, it just
> quits without any error. The setting can be left in this state if you
> (or mythfilldatabase) remove channels from the lineup.
>
> The way to fix it is to run mythtv-setup. I think it's in the channel
> lineup settings.

Josh, My mythbuntu install has the exact same issue. I have found that
the only way to get mythtv to show live tv is once you boot up your
master backend (and i'd assume slave backend) you have to stop the
mythbackend process.

In mythbuntu run:
sudo /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop

Then from a command line, start mythbackend by running:
sudo mythbackend &

Then try live tv. The & that you put there let's you close the terminal
window without killing the mythbackend process.

Hope that works for you. It's pretty annoying and hopefully the next
version of mythtv will not have this bug. Luckily you only have to do
this when the backend boots up which is pretty rarely.
-Steve