[mythtv-users] No Live TV

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 15 19:19:39 UTC 2010

Dan Wilga wrote:
> One annoying thing I've hit a few times is that if Live TV's "last
> viewed channel" is set to something that no longer exists, it just quits
> without any error. The setting can be left in this state if you (or
> mythfilldatabase) remove channels from the lineup.
>
> The way to fix it is to run mythtv-setup. I think it's in the channel
> lineup settings.

A faster way, which does not require stopping mythfrontend, is to switch
to a console or ssh into a console and run this script:

#  Reset start channel
#!/bin/bash
Channel=abc
Card=xyz
Channel=$1
Card=$2
if [ $1 = abc ];
then
   echo "You must provide a channel number."
   exit;
fi
if [ $2 = xyz ];
then
   echo "You must provide a tuner card number."
   exit;
fi

echo 'update cardinput set startchan = '$1' where cardinputid = '$2' >
/var/tmp/startchanfix
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < /var/tmp/startchanfix
rm -f /var/tmp/startchanfix

Geoff