[mythtv-users] Jamu mini-disaster

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jan 15 20:46:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, January 13, 2010 4:36 pm, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Yan,
>     That is a new one. Assuming you are using jamu with 0,22+Fixes the
> file parsing regex strings are defined by searching for the string
> "self.config['name_parse'] = [". The code that reads in the video files
> then parses out the details using those regex strings is "def
> _processNames(self, names, verbose=False, movies=False)"

Well, I got it patched and picked up a few more.

Since then, I've been running jamu on and off for several days trying to
get the database updated.  Based on this experience, I'd like to make a
couple of suggestions for improvement:

1.  Have a "imdb numbers only" mode.  It takes quite a while to download
the artwork and metadata but very little just to grab the number.  When
you have a lot to update manually, it would be nice to have jamu just load
the imdb numbers and not the artwork in interactive mode.  Once the
numbers are in, run it in auto-update unattended.

2.  In interactive mode, inputting 9999999 for a video with no metadata
still incurs a long search at tmdb.org.  Not only is this hitting the
server with a useless query, it takes a long time.  Have jamu skip the
metadata aquisition when you input 9999999.  (Of course this problem goes
away if 1 above is available.)

Thanks for a fantastsic tool!

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.