[mythtv-users] Back to back recording issues, and musical sound cards.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 15 20:54:02 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 03:06 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
> Someone will probably chime in here who has a better memory than I do
> but basically the first show probably wants to record and extra 5
> minutes and the second one wants to start 1 min early so they
> conflict.  I think there is a setting to tell myth to go ahead and
> ignore these guard bands for back to back same channel recordings.
>  Not sure you said same channel.  Anyway, I can't remember.  As
> an alternative, you can set the guard bands to zero. I believe there
> are two guard bands so don't let one being 0 confuse you.  There is a
> standard default one and an override one.  But, I could be completely
> wrong...

I think the setting you're thinking of is:

Avoid back to back recordings from different channels
If set, the scheduler will avoid assigning shows from different channels
to the same card if their end time and start time match. This will be
allowed when necessary in order to resolve conflicts.

There's no setting to tell Myth to ignore the start early and end late
specified in a recording rule--as that's something the rule tells the
scheduler is mandatory.  The only thing you can do when that causes a
conflict is to create a recording override.

Mike