[mythtv-users] Streaming internet radio

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Jan 15 21:05:54 UTC 2010

http://radio.hbr1.com:19800/trance.ogg
http://radio.hbr1.com:19800/tronic.ogg
http://radio.hbr1.com:19800/ambient.ogg

> I found this link to make some Mythtv menu edits -
>
> http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/general/2817-webradio-webtv.html
>

> Would this be the best option? Or are there other areas in Myth .22
> that can be tweaked for  this.  Or old plugins(mythfm) to accomplish
> this?

MythStream was the answer for .21, but it looks like it hasn't been updated
for .22 yet.

Another option might be to create playlist files (.pls) and put them in a
separate folder under MythVideo, call it Internet Radio or something.  Each
playlist file would just have a single entry for the stream you want to
listen to.  Trance.pls would contain the http link to trance, for instance.
Of course you need to enable the .pls file extension so MythVideo will
display them, and associate them with mplayer (or your player of choice).

I've never tried this, just an idea.