[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Sat Jan 16 18:24:32 UTC 2010

After much time reading this list, and trying out different
scenario's, i think we have a winner. I have reinstalled Mythbuntu
countless times now, all trying different things. I started out with
x64 builds, but have now moved to 32 bit. Not because I wanted to but
because I read a post on how firewire recording was a lot more stable
under 32 bit. I thought this can't be true; but alas, i have not
missed a show since moving to 32 bit.

Mythvideo's is not as pretty as XBMC, but it does work, since since
the latest builds DTS audio clicking is done, We are happy.

I do wish everything was prettier and had more of an "awe factor" like
XMBC, but since it works, hopefully this theme competition will make
it better looking.

As for the front end crashing, it seems since moving to 32 bit, it
only crashes now if I find a channel that the firewire can't tune,
which is fine with me.

Mythbox isn't stable at all for 0.22 (when i tried it), and has
terrible interaction with XBMC (once it loaded I couldn't get back to
XBMC), but with XBMC and Myth both undergoing massive updates, I'm not
sure how anyone can keep up...

IMHO, I would love to see both projects merge.. Myth for the TV part,
and XBMC for everything else.

All in all, we're happy for now.

Thanks for all the support!