[mythtv-users] two problems - database related?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:12:39 UTC 2010

So I'm not sure what the problem is, but I suspect it involves the database
and/or my order of operations as stated below.

I'm running myth .22 on Ubuntu 9.10 on 3 machines.

Until last night, I had a  master backend/frontend (with a PVR-500), a slave
backend/frontend (with a PVR-500), and a separate frontend.  Now my slave
backend/frontend is just a frontend, and I moved the tuner card from the
slave to the master.

I was having trouble watching live TV on all three systems, which started
after I reconfigured the tuner card in the slave backend last week.  As I'd
already been annoyed with the hassle of having a master backend and a slave
backend, and since I'm getting sick of working on this particular live TV
problem, I decided to simplify and switch to using only a master backend.
In the process of making this change, in myth-backend-setup I tried to
remove all tuners and reassign them on the master backend (because I moved
the PVR-500 from the former slave to the master backend).  For some reason,
I was unable to use either the "remove all tuners on myth-backend" or the
"remove all tuners" commands to start from a blank slate.  I had already
removed the hardware, and uninstalled mythbackend from my slave
frontend/backend.  So, while I would have liked to delete all of them and
start over, I decided to just add the new tuners to the master backend.

Now, everything seems to work, with the exception of the former slave
backend/frontend (which I'm now trying to use as a frontend only).  My other
frontend only machine works fine, as does the frontend on the master
backend.  I can now watch live tv on both, and I can record from all 4
tuners simultaneously.  The former slave backend/frontend now has problems
doing everything (it can connect to the master backend, but that's about it;
recordings do not show up, I can't see videos, and live TV starts to work,
after about a minute pause, and then it plays back at about 1/10th speed
until there is some kind of buffer overload).

So my guess is that there are some settings for the previous master/slave
backend arrangement stored in the database, and I can't seem to find where
nor do I know how to go about looking for it beyond asking the question
here.

Any advice?