[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu theme better default graphics for unknown videos?

John Luber john at luberfamily.net
Sat Jan 16 20:59:15 UTC 2010

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm finally nearing the end of reconstructing my video fan art/cover
> art collection.  Turns out that tmdb doesn't have a lot of the movies
> I have, and also I have a good number of home movies in the
> collection.  In the mythbuntu theme, these show up as jarring, ugly,
> glaring large white question marks.
>
> Is there some way to insert a better graphic?  Maybe something a bit
> softer?
>
> --Yan

Yan,

For my collection of home videos I use ffmpeg to pull out a frame of
video to use as coverart.  I use:

ffmpeg -y -i INPUTFILENAME -vframes 1 -ss 00:00:10  -s 320x240 OUTPUT.png

Change INPUTFILENAME and OUTPUT to suit your needs and then within the
metadata editor in mythvideo select the appropriate .png file.  You can
also play with the size - 320x240 - to suit your needs as well.  This
should also work for other videos unknown to TMDB but you may find that
you have to seek further into the video (ie; -ss 00:01:00 or such) to
get a reasonable png file.

John