[mythtv-users] HDPVR & LIRC

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 17 02:09:53 UTC 2010

I am working on getting the ir blaster set up for channel change using the
HDPVR on FC12.  I have already installed lirc.  I am using the wiki page at
http://mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR as a guide.

In the IR Transmitter Support section it begins "Fedora Core 12 currently
has built-in support for the HD-PVR's IR blaster."  Then it says to follow
the steps to enable the transmitter (i.e., skip the steps to compile the
modules).  It appears that this section in the wiki was last edited a year
ago, so I'm wondering if it's up-to-date.  In particular:

Step 2 asks me to download some firmware from a place called Mark's
Braindump and the page in question is dated January 15, 2006.  Is this the
latest firmware?

Step 6 says to find the LIRC hardware.conf file and edit it.  I assumed it
would be in /etc/lirc but that's empty.  Find / -name hardware.conf returns
nothing.  Where is this file?

Thanks,

Steve