[mythtv-users] My Dad keeps missing Emmerdale & Coronation Street?(Could not connect to server "" @ port -1)

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 13:16:59 UTC 2010

> I built a MythTV box for my dad, 82 years young, about 1 year ago.
> It's based on myth 0.21. and contains 2 x Nova-T cards.

Hi Mike,

Have you tried tinkering with the tuner delay setting?  It's in the
mythtv-setup util.

I have 1 nova-t card and a nova-td-500, and I had issues where I would miss
programmes.  Mine were caused by the fact that the nova-td-500 is
represented as a usb device and Ubuntu would shut it down if it wasn't used
for a period of time.  I doubt this is your issue, but I do remember reading
that the tuner-delay setting can help the nova-t cards which IIRC can be
slower to tune.

Worth a quick check?

Thanks,

MG