[mythtv-users] Navigating between days in program guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 17 13:44:02 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 06:26 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>> In 0.21 and previous versions it was possible to move to the next day
>> in the program guide screen by pressing 1 (and I think 7 was previous
>> day). How do you do that in 0.22? I can't find it in the user guide or
>> wiki.
> There are two keybinding for that DAYLEFT  (HOME, 7) and DAYRIGHT (END,
> 1). HOME and END will always work but 7 and 1 will only work if the
> 'Allow Channel Jumping in Guide' setting is turned off. Unfortunately
> there was a bug, which I've just fixed in trunk,  introduced some time
> ago which meant that the setting was always on so you could never use
> the number keys for those bindings.

Also, for Phil, the keys.txt (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/keys.txt#L182) and HOWTO
( http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 , under EPG)
tend to be mostly correct (and are, in this case, correct--except don't
provide the extra info Paul provided).  If anyone finds anything wrong
in there, please let me know, and I'll update it.

> That's probably one setting that could be removed to avoid confusion but
> I'll leave that up to the settings assassins ;-)

This setting assassin is all for removing it (which would mean it's
always enabled, right?).

Allow channel jumping in guide
If enabled, you will be able to press numbers and jump the selection to
whatever channel you enter.

Mike