[mythtv-users] Mythweb not working because of php errors

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 17 13:54:46 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 06:54 AM, Marco wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since a few days mythweb does not work anymore. Everywhere where a
> time/date should be displayed it shows error messages like:
>
> Error at
> /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/list_data.php, line 23:
> strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings.
> You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function.
>
> I guess it is caused by an update of php by Opensuse.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

What version of MythTV/MythWeb are you using?  I'm pretty sure version
0.22 and up should be using date_default_timezone_set() for everything
(though I haven't verified in the code).

Now that I think about it, I'm guessing we're only using that if the
time zone on the MythWeb host differs from the time zone on the master
backend.  I'll mention this issue to Rob Smith and see about using it
all the time.

Thanks,
Mike