[mythtv-users] Server Setup

robert Larson dewmanstl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:22:40 UTC 2010

Hello.

I am pretty new to this group and with tinkering with mythtv. My Current
setup is  frontend/backend combo setup running on a Dell sc420. Integrated
Intel Graphics(pia) 4 gigs of ram and 1.4tb of external disk.

My xmas present was a HP DL580G2 4 gigs of ram, 2x36gb internal disk (scsi)
(not 64x). Yes. a 4U server.This thing is bigger then my kitchen table. But
I figure that I should be able to host the backend on this thing without a
problem seeing that my sc420 is able to do front and back.

So with that being said, I was wondering how some of you would build this if
you had this beast in your kitchen and your wife was yelling at you to get
it up and going... =)

Thanks Again..

Rob Larson

--