[mythtv-users] Acer Revo 1600 success story

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jan 17 18:43:17 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 09:06:09PM -0800, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Timbo wrote:
> >Did I miss anything others that use the Revo?
>
> I setup an Acer Revo AR1600-U910H about a month ago as a FE-only
> host. Works great. HD playback via VDPAU is solid, both in Myth and
> in mplayer.
>
> I can't speak to any recording issues as I have two other BE hosts
> that do all the recording.

    I have the same model of Revo setup as a FE/BE. The backend part is
a recording slave that is attached to an HD-PVR. My recordings drive is
mounted via NFS. As far as backend functions go, it is strictly a recorder.
It doesn't do any commflagging jobs.

    It all works rather well.

    The frontend currently runs at 720p and use HDMI for sound output.