[mythtv-users] HDPVR setup irsend error

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 01:17:52 UTC 2010

OK let me amend my last post.  I am no longer getting those errors when I
modprobe lirc_zilog.  Don't know what changed.

The situation is now this, and I can reproduce it reliably.

1. I reboot.

2. There is no /dev/lirc0, and nothing in dmesg about lirc at all

3. I run modprobe lirc_zilog

4. /dev/lirc0 is now there and the dmesg entries look like they should

5. I run irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_74_KEY_POWER

6. I get:

irsend: command failed: irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_74_KEY_POWER

irsend: unknown remote "blaster"

7. If I reboot, same thing happens all over.

I have lircd.conf in /etc/lirc as it should be.  The designated name of the
remote in there is blaster.

Any suggestions what to do would be appreciated.

Steve