[mythtv-users] HDPVR setup irsend error

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 18 01:21:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM, steve <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:
> OK let me amend my last post.  I am no longer getting those errors when I
> modprobe lirc_zilog.  Don’t know what changed.

See the reply I just sent. If this happens again, checksum whatever is
left in /lib/firmware/ vs. a freshly downloaded copy...

> The situation is now this, and I can reproduce it reliably.
>
> 1. I reboot.
> 2. There is no /dev/lirc0, and nothing in dmesg about lirc at all
> 3. I run modprobe lirc_zilog

See also the reply I just sent, lirc_zilog doesn't auto-load. :)

> 5. I run irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_74_KEY_POWER
> 6. I get:
>
> irsend: command failed: irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_74_KEY_POWER
> irsend: unknown remote "blaster"
> I have lircd.conf in /etc/lirc as it should be.  The designated name of the
> remote in there is blaster.

I'd wager there's something slightly off in the config file that is
causing 'blaster' to not be loaded. Shoot me a copy off-list and I can
take a quick look at it.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com