[mythtv-users] Power recording rule to choose between dual feeds

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 01:49:25 UTC 2010

I am looking for some hints on how to write a rule to choose my team's
feed of a sporting event
when two are available.

Here is the situation.  The sports package at times will broadcast
both the home and the away
TV feeds of the same game on consecutive channels.  The home feed is
first and the away feed
second.  So the program info lists:

channel x: TeamA at TeamB               (home feed)
channel x+1: TeamA at TeamB           (away feed)

The programids are the same but I can recognize home games with "at
MyTeam" in program.subtitle.
Away games would have "MyTeam" without "at MyTeam".

When my team is away I want the away feed but when my team is home I
want the home feed.
How can I choose the right channel?

I have to also keep in mind that sometimes there is only one feed and
I will want to choose that
no matter if it is home or away.

Anyone have a rule like this or have any hints?