[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Mac OS X Monitor Aspect Ratio

Dave LeBer dleber at codeferous.com
Mon Jan 18 02:18:57 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I've just setup a new 0.22 MythTV backend and have upgraded my Mac Mini to
the matching frontend binary from <http://www.thesniderpad.com>

If I run the frontend on my MacBook Pro I can configure the 'Monitor Aspect
Ratio' in Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Appearance -> Screen Settings. However
on the Mac Mini that option does not exist. This means that the Mini thinks
that the tv is 4:3 when it is not, and since most of the content is 4:3...
ugly.

I noticed that parameter was saved in an XineramaMonitorAspectRatio entry in
the settings table for the MBP so I tried adding that value for the Mini and
restarting the frontend. Unfortunately that had no effect.

The Mini is a little over a year or so old:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 64MB

Basically what I want to be able to do is inform mythfrontend on the Mini
that the display is indeed 16:9. Any ideas about how (if) I can do that?

Thx,

;david