[mythtv-users] Weird LIRC Problem Solved

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 18 04:35:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Mache Creeger wrote:
>>
>> I recently upgraded an SBE to Fedora 12 and managed to place a trailing
>> blank on the end of the /var/run/lirc/lircd entry under the 8th or 9th page
>> in Setup, General. That extra trailing blank would not allow lirc to load on
>> mythfrontend startup and drove me crazy for a day and a half.
>>
>> Hopefully this will help folks who encounter the same problem.
>
> What version of lirc?

In 0.8.6, the default daemon socket location changed from /dev/lircd
to /var/run/lirc/lircd (upstream change). Some distros added a
backwards-compat symlink, but I never got around to it for Fedora. Not
a problem for new installs, they'll try the new location after failing
on the old one, then set that for you in your prefs, but its an issue
for upgrades.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com