[mythtv-users] HDPVR setup irsend error

steve networks1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 04:51:39 UTC 2010

>Never mind, looked at earlier mail, which says x86_64 Fedora 12.

>Something is VERY wrong if you have no /lib/firmware, it should always

>be there on a Fedora install.

Right FC12 x86_64, whatever version was current as of a couple of weeks ago.
And sorry, there *is* a /lib/firmware but there is nothing in it.  So
/etc/sysconfig/lirc is the right location for those "chosen ir transmitter"
commands?

. . .

>For the record, in Fedora 12, its /etc/lirc/lircd.conf we look for,
>not /etc/lircd.conf. (Per default path change upstream).

Sorry again.  It's indeed /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

The lirc version is 0.8.6-1.fc12

So I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  I guess I can go back to zero and
install everything all over again.  It might be preferable to kill myself,
though.  Are there any other diagnostics I can do?  Or maybe I should post
something to the lirc list.