[mythtv-users] HW CAMs, CI support, legal subscription viewing (DVB-S2)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 18 10:00:23 UTC 2010

Zitat von Martin Bene <Martin.Bene at icomedias.com>:

0.21:
* TT C-2300, DVB-C (CI on daughter card)
* Alphacrypt CAM
* German Unitymedia Subscription card

Very buggy, I finally gave up with that card. Frequencies are off,
hardware or software hacks are necessary to get it work at all,
recordings are hit and miss. Multirec works.

0.21/0.22:
* Salteco EasyWatch, DVB-C (CI on daughter card)
* Alphacrypt CAM
* German Unitymedia Subscription card

Works much better, even better with 0.22 than with 0.21. Still some
problems with certain transponders that can't be decrypted after
running a few days. A reboot fixes this. Multirec works.

> I didn't try to access any CAM Menus via Mythtv - I set up the
> CAMs/Smartcards using gnutv -cammenu and turned off pin protection
> there.

Since when are there CAM menus in MythTV? Have I missed anything?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/