[mythtv-users] HW CAMs, CI support, legal subscription viewing (DVB-S2)

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Mon Jan 18 14:18:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

> This is amazing news! :) So there are two new cards for which CI works
> under current MythTV: TT-3200 (S2), WinTV-NOVA-CI (S)

At least for Europe I'd go for an S2 capable card when getting new equipment - all HD content here is encoded using S2 and with both German and Austrian public TV stations available in HD and a couple of HD FTA Channels available as well , it's time to actually make use of these offerings.

> Regarding AU (updates), what do you think might be the problem? The CAM
> or the card? Since the 2nd setup has the same card, I guess it must the
> Cryptoworks CAM, right?

I'm pretty sure it's my cryptoworks CAM module (was in a hurry and got the only available module at a local store).

Bye, Martin