[mythtv-users] Is anyone transcoding BBC HD using Mencoder?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:40:50 UTC 2010

Until recently transcoding BBC HD transmissions to a more managable
size was fairly straightforward, however just before Christmas the BBC
have changed their transmission standard and my scripts that worked
before Christmas now fail.

Specifically what's happening is that the video stream is running at
50% of the speed of the audio stream (and the audio stream is
correct).  I'm pretty certain that this is related to the BBC's
interlacing standard and although I've faffed around with lots of
different settings I cannot find anything that works.

What I want to do is transcode the original source material to
1280x720 x264 and shove it into a mkv container (I use mkkgui to do
this).

I anyone has a working mencoder line for BBC HD they could post here
I'd be very grateful as my backend is starting to fill up and I'd
really like to stick the stuff in the library.

Regards