[mythtv-users] mythtv box not powerful enough?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 18 17:39:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:05 AM,  <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:

> ---- Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> > On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > First up, no, there's no mythtv support for the crystal hd yet. On the
>> > TODO list, its just a long and busy list...

>> > My ThinkPad T61 has two full-sized mini pci-e sockets and one
>> > half-sized socket, so its quite happily chugging along with both an
>> > 802.11n mini pci-e card and a crystalhd card, with room to spare.
>
> Could you elaborate on how you are doing this or put in some links?

Doing what? Opening the machine and installing the card? Its all
covered in the T6x service manual... But really, its just 5 screws on
the back side of the laptop, pop the palm rest off, lift the keyboard,
insert card. Or did you mean how did I install the drivers?

> I have a few spare Thinkpads and would really like to try this.
> Are you using myth?

Yes, but not with the crystalhd card (yet). :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com