[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Mac OS X Monitor Aspect Ratio

Dave LeBer dleber at codeferous.com
Mon Jan 18 18:25:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Dave LeBer <dleber at codeferous.com> wrote:

> Mac
> http://www.thesniderpad.com>

> Screen
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  see above and below paths
> vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

> >> ...me accidentally hitting send too early. There's a Video Aspect
> >> Override setting and a Zoom setting there, which may help. Never have
> >> twiddled with any of these settings on either my MacBook Pro or Mac
> >> Mini under Mac OS X though...
> >
> > Yes, the Monitor Aspect Ratio setting is there on my MacBook Pro, it is
> NOT
> > there on the Mini.
>
> You said that was in a completely different place in the frontend
> config vs. where I pointed. See quoted paths above.
>
> My Mac Mini is also hooked to a 16:9 LCD HDTV via HDMI, and its got
> Intel GMA950 graphics, Core Duo 1.66 proc.

Ack! You're right Jarod, my apologies.

Unfortunately, I've been there already. Those settings don't remedy the
problem. The different zoom modes have the correct effect, but since Myth
thinks that my screen is 4:3 they just tend to make the distortion worse
(well, technically v-stretch makes the objects on the screen look correct,
but sacrifices the top and bottom of the picture to do so, and with the
blocky zooming on 0.22/OS X things look very pixelated).

;david