[mythtv-users] PVR350 TVOUT

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jan 18 18:34:56 UTC 2010

On 1/18/2010 5:26 AM, Ian Armstrong wrote:
> On Monday 18 January 2010, Ben Kamen wrote:
>> On 1/17/2010 9:36 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>> Because no Myth dev owns or uses a PVR-350 out, the code had been
>>> neglected to the point unmaintainability, and because there's an X
>>> driver for PVR-350 TV out that obviates the need for Myth controls.
>>> The largest of these is that nobody willing and able to maintain the
>>> code exists.
>>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> Could someone point to the X driver for the PVR-350 TVOUT? (save a little
>>   time googling).
>>

> You can get the source from http://ivtvdriver.org/

Ok, so I looked at that -- that's a very reasonable replacement to the past support for the device.

It's a solution that's the same as I'm doing right now. Set up in Xorg.conf and then let MythTV just yak to a proper display device.

Works for me.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Fortune says:
Once, there was NO fun ... This was before MENU planning, FASHION
statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was
completely encoded in this tiny MICROCHIP ... It contain 14,768 vaguely
amusing SIT-COM pilots!!  We had to wait FOUR BILLION years but we
finally got JERRY LEWIS, MTV and a large selection of creme-filled
snack cakes!