[mythtv-users] PVR350 TVOUT

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jan 18 19:22:57 UTC 2010

Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 1/17/2010 11:19 PM, Larry Howe wrote:
>>
>> If anyone with experience should read this, let me add...my goal is to
>> have the OSD on the PC monitor and the played-back video on the TVOUT. I
>> had it working like this some years ago on an earlier mythtv box.
>> Although if my only option is to have both the OSD and the played-back
>> video on the TVOUT, then I'll go for that too.
>
> I'm doing that on my nVidia card... it's in Cloned TwinView mode where
> the
> nVidia's VGA and TVout are both active and set for a set rez.
>
> Has a couple caveats but works nice otherwise.
>
>  -Ben

A couple of questions about this.

Does this change mean that the PVR-350 is also dead as a capture device.
I have one of those and even with the demise of Analog TV it's S-Video
input is handy.

and

I hope to use a nVidia card to drive a projector in 1080p and also use
the S-Video out to drive an SD TV. With a bit of luck, at the same time.
Does an nVidia deal with that OK? I'd like to do something similar to a
Matrox Parhelia card I have in a Windows system that runs the monitor in
1280x1024 and produces a clone image in 625 line PAL, obviously with a
lot lower resolution. Is a nVidia 9800 GS, capable of doing something
similar?

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.