[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] pcHDTV-5500 as NTSC Receiver

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jan 18 19:41:19 UTC 2010

I'd like to add some more recording channels for my Cable inputs (at the moment) but wonder if in the long-run I would be better off with an HDTV card (like the pcHDTV-5500 as I have a 3000 already).

I heard the pcHDTV3000 was bad for NTSC (cable) so I don't bother using it..

I guess my question is: which am I better off with?

I've also been monitoring eBay for the PVR-500's (dual tuners, nice)

Thanks,

  -Ben