[mythtv-users] problem loading lirc_zilog for HD-PVR in mythbuntu

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:23:29 UTC 2010

I am trying to configure Hauppage HD-PVR in Mythbuntu 9.10 and I am following the directions in :http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Index.php/Hauppauge_HD-PVR

I was able to compile the patched hdpvr and lirc drivers. The modules hdpvr and lirc_dev loads with no problem during boot. After booting, I can also do a 'sudo insmod lirc_zilog.ko' to load the IR diver. The HD-PVR remote works beautifully after that. But I am having problem making the module lirc_zilog load at boot-up. I have added a lirc_zilog entry in etc/modules file and that didn't help. I also did a script in rcS.d to force the module load - but that was no success either. Can someone please give me a hand in automatically loading the lirc_zilog module in mythbuntu? Thanks a lot in advance.