[mythtv-users] Power recording rule to choose between dual feeds

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:29:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:34 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:25:50PM -0500, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> > This is exactly the type of problem for which the custom priorities
>> > feature was added. ?Go to Utilities/Setup / Setup / TV Settings /
>> > Recording Priorities / Custom Priority and then add a new priority
>> > rule. ?The clause for the new rule should look something like this:
>> >
>> > title = 'Some Sport' AND ( subtitle LIKE 'at MyTeam %Home' OR
>> > ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? subtitle LIKE 'MyTeam at %Away' )
>>
>> I've never noticed this feature before. So are you saying he can set
>> it up with a single (simple) recording rule, and then use the custom
>> priorities to give preference to one showing over the other?
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

This sounds good but I am not sure how to write it.  Here is an
example from tonight.
There are two showings of the game:

1/18  5:00PM  458 GAME12  NHL Hockey - "Toronto Maple Leafs at
Nashville Predators
1/18  5:00PM  459 GAME13  NHL Hockey - "Toronto Maple Leafs at
Nashville Predators

The first is the Nashville feed and the second the Toronto feed.  I
want the Toronto feed but
my rule is going to record the first.  So I want the custom priority
to bump the second game
up one or bump the first one down one.

The other cases when there is only one feed or it is the home feed the
first (or only) will be picked and
it is fine.

To match this case I need more than the subtitle:

title = 'NHL Hockey' AND subtitle LIKE '%Toronto Maple Leafs at' AND ???

I need to increase the priority when the program is also on channel - 1.

I think I could probably do that with a join like Ron suggested above but
not sure exactly how to write that into the Custom Priorities.