[mythtv-users] Mysterious recording dropouts and frontend disconnects
jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:40:51 UTC 2010
Setup consists of a separate FE and BE, running mythbuntu autobuilds of
.22-fixes, build 23193. The BE has an HDHomerun and an HD-PVR. FE is a
Revo 1600. BE is an AMD Athlon 64 3500. Recordings on the backend are on a
separate drive than the system/mysql.
I set up three simultaneous records, one on each HDHR tuner and one on the
HD-PVR. I wait a few minutes, then go to Watch Recordings, and one by one,
tell each recording to halt. When I tell the first one to halt, I get a
very long pause after the confirmation screen, and it usually says it lost
the connection to the BE. But it does end the recording for that program.
I go to the second one and tell it to halt, usually the same thing. The
third one usually halts without a problem.
Then I go to watch the recordings. They all start having dropouts (missed
frames and audio, sometimes severe) around the time I started telling it to
Backend long consists of:
- endless "ATSCStreamData:HandleTables(): Unknown table 0xc0", about one
every 18 milliseconds
- a GetPlaybackURL: 'filename' should be local, but it cannot be found
- MainServer::ANN Monitor
- adding: frontendname as a client (events:0)
- again about 10 seconds later, followed immediately by MainServer, Warning:
Unknown socket closing(number)
- Empty LocalHostName
- MythSocket(996c498: -1): writeStringList: Error, socket went unconnected
We wrote 0 of 10 bytes with 1 errors
- and about 2 seconds later, messages indicating it's changing from
RecordingOnly to None for the first program I halted
On the frontend log:
about 10 seconds after I confirmed the halt of the first record,
- MythContext: Connecting to backend server
- MythSocket: readStringList: Error, timed out after 7000 ms
- MythContext, Error: Timeout connecting to server socket to master backend
- QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread
- Connection to master server timed out
- Preview Error: Failed to open sockets
- and a bunch more of the same
Anyone have any ideas on this? I saw a thread from December relating to
file sizes being updated too often (milliseconds instead of seconds).
Symptoms sounded possibly similar.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users