[mythtv-users] LiveTV with pen drive and tmpfs

Schulz, Stephan stephan_schulz at siemens.com
Tue Jan 19 12:25:19 UTC 2010

Dear MythTV users,

I would like to run a mythtv-maschine (frontend + backend) without
physical disk space. There is just a pen drive to start from and a
tmpfs.
I do not want to record any programs but would like to only watch
livetv.
So now there is the problem that mythbackend will write the
livetv-stream to the disk. I could use 1GB of ram for this on a tmpfs
and mount it to /var/lib/mythtv/livetv/. In the FAQs and the wiki I read
that mythtv will write junks of 30 minutes if there is no epg-data that
specifies the actual length. I didn't find any setting in the DB to
reduce this to for example 5 minutes.
Is there a setting for this?
Is there anonther way to achieve that mythbackend will write junks of 5
minutes even so that it does not matter what epg says about the length
of the show?

Thank you in advance