[mythtv-users] Transcode Help

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:01:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

Im having a problem with transcoding mythtv DVB-T and DVB-S recordings -
often the AV is out of sync.
This is usually because of my bad reception and there is little that can
be done about that :(

When watching recordings in myth , in-spite of the bad reception AV
always remains in sync 99% of the time. Good job myth!
Transcoded files however will not remain in sync after a bad reception
bit in the recording.

After asking on the list about this problem , someone suggested that I
use mythtranscode -making a file for ffmpeg.

'/usr/local/bin/mythtranscode --honorcutlist  --mpeg2 -c ' . $chanid . '
-s "' . $starttime . '" -o ' . $output_dir . '/' . $basename;

Im assuming this should dump a file with all the bad bits cut out?
I dont understand mythtranscode cmd line options all that well.
It also leaves a map file - is this any use for ffmpeg?

I still have AV sync problems so ANY other suggestions welcomed.

Adam