[mythtv-users] Videos not available on remote frontend

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:01:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:37 AM, James Thorpe <james at tfxsoft.com> wrote:
>> I'm running 0.22-fixes on mythbuntu.
>>
>> I've created and copied some videos onto a directory on my backend, which
>> I've added to the Videos storage group.  If I run the frontend on this
>> system, when I go into watch videos and scan for changes, they show up and
>> I'm able to watch them.  When attempting to do the same on a remote
>> frontend, it fails to find any files,
>
> You probably just need to set up the appropriate NFS mount.  On your
> backend, set up an NFS export of /var/lib/mythvideo.  On the frontend,
> mount your backend's /var/lib/mythvideo onto /var/lib/mythvideo of the
> frontend, and then everything should work after that.

When using Storage Groups, there is no need at all to set up NFS
mounts on remote frontends.
I have no NFS mounts on any of my remote frontends, and have no
problem accessing all videos managed by MythVideo at all via having
the backend stream them to the frontends.
On the frontend in Setup>Media Settings>Video Settings>General
Settings>Page 1/8, there should be no directories set.

If not using SG's, then, you would need to set up NFS or other
mountpoints and set those directories.

Frank