[mythtv-users] VDPAU poor playback - stuttering with mythvideo and internal player

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:33:44 UTC 2010

2010/1/19 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>:

>> Add vdpaubuffersize=50 to the end of the filters line in your playback
>> profile for VDPAU. This solved the problem for me.
>>
> I'll give this a go tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Hi all,

WHen I play this video in mythtv, the cpu goes up to 114% for
mythfrontend. This is not what I would expect if vdpau is doing what
it is supposed to do...

I tried the vdpaubuffersize setting and it made no difference. I also
set it down to 20 to see if it made a difference and it didn't

I installed mplayer and vlc and both also struggled to play this video file.

I have also tested my NFS performance (file is on an NFS server) and
achieve close to 300mbit between the hosts. Just to be sure, I also
played the file from a local hard drive on my frontend and still
exoperienced poor playback.

vdpau does not seem to be able to play this video file.

I am now in the process of transcoding the file with ffmpeg.

Cheers

Phil