[mythtv-users] Trac usage question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:26:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I tell from a trac
> ticket whether a particular patch has been included in trunk and/or
> fixes, and at what version number?
>
> I am looking at two in particular:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7521
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7454
>
> Thanks.

If a ticket is referenced in a commit (and it's referenced properly)
then you will see a comment with something like "In r21386, fix blah
blah", which is the commit message.  Usually we are good enough to
mention when we are backporting a fix, but you can click on the
revision itself in the comment in trac to see what branch it was
applied to.  If we are "done" with a ticket, we will also set its
status to "Fixed" (or whatever other status).

#7521 and #7454 have not been referenced in any commit, and have a
status of open/new.  They therefore have not been applied to any
branch.  If the ticket had been referenced in a commit, you would see
a comment there as described above.

Robert