[mythtv-users] Power recording rule to choose between dual feeds

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 05:54:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Are you saying the program information does not give any indication if
> it is the home or away feed and you just know that when the game is
> listed twice, the home feed is always on the lower numbered channel?
> Ouch, that's more difficult, but it is still doable.

Yep.  Everything is the same except the callsign/channel.

> You can exploit the same feature of MySQL the custom priority code
> already exploits.  That feature is conditionals evaluate to 0 or 1 and
> can be used in expressions.  Let's give this a try.  Keep in mind I
> don't have the Center Ice package so I can't test this at all myself.
>
> Your Leafs at home rule might look like the following
>
>        ( (program.title = 'NHL Hockey') *
>          (program.subtitle LIKE '%at Maple Leafs%') *
>          (channel.callsign LIKE 'GAME%') *
>          (<lastgame_channum> - channel.channum) )
>
> and your Leafs away rule might look like the following
>
>        ( (program.title = 'NHL Hockey') *
>          (program.subtitle LIKE '%at Maple Leafs%') *
>          (channel.callsign LIKE 'GAME%') *
>          (channel.channum - <firstgame_channum>) )
>
> where <firstgame_channum> and <lastgame_channum> are the numbers of
> the first and last channels used for the Center Ice package.  The
> intent is to give a preference to lower channel numbers for home games
> and to higher channel numbers for away games.  N.B. Because you are
> using the select clause to provide the actual priority boost, you
> should set the regular priority value to 1 as the code internally just
> multiplies them together.
>
> Now, if you want to give preference to Leafs games on other channels,
> you'll need to add another rule to do that.  Something like the
> following might work.
>
>        program.title = 'NHL Hockey' AND
>        program.subtitle LIKE '%Maple Leafs%' AND
>        channel.callsign NOT LIKE 'GAME%'
>
> and give it a priority value large enough to overcome any boost the
> Center Ice version might get.

Thanks David this is almost working.  One wrinkle is my Center Ice
lineup does not use consecutive
channel numbers:

457 GAME11
458 GAME12
459 GAME13
460 GAME14
461 GAME1
462 GAME2
463 GAME3
464 GAME4
465 GAME5
466 GAME6
467 GAME7
468 GAME8
469 GAME9
470 GAME10

So I think I need to convert the callsign to a number and use that
instead of the channel.
Hopefully I can figure out how to do that.  Or maybe I will just
rename the callsigns if
I have to.

And since 471 is GAMEHD which I want to always win over the SD
channels I can add
another rule that adds +14 and I should be good.