[mythtv-users] channel change from remote box

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Wed Jan 20 13:49:17 UTC 2010

So last night I connected my newly built frontend to the TV and moved my
IR receiver to the new box.  Unfortunately on doing so I overlooked the
fact that the backend can no longer change channels as it is also the
blaster :)

I'm after a way to run the channel change script on my new remote
frontend, but as initiated by the MBE.  My initial thought was to write
a webpage hosted on the frontend that does the channel changing, then
put a wget command to get it in the channel change script box.  Is that
complicating it too much?

Cheers,
James.