[mythtv-users] Setting manual HD flag for a channel

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:03:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM, David Kubicek <foceni at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a mix of HD and SD channels - some exist in both variations, but my
> provider doesn't broadcast the "HD flag" MythTV can recognize (visible as
> the yellow "HD" in MythWeb listings?). If I could label my HD channels as
> such manually, I could use the neatly built-in schedule option "prefer HD"
> for my recordings. Can I force this flag for a *channel* somewhere?

I looked into telling SchedulesDirect their feed was wrong, but in the
opposite manner.  In my area, ABC channel 2 broadcasts an HD feed on
2-1 and an SD feed of the same programs on 2-2.  The listings provider
flags both channel 2-1 and channel 2-2 as being HD programming.

What I'm telling you essentially is that, from my experience, you
can't do it like you want to.  Myth doesn't mark channels as HD, only
the programs.

I put a ticket in with SchedulesDirect, and they were very helpful in
getting back to me and asking me for the xml output of the data I was
receiving, but ultimately the error was with the provider.  It has not
yet been fixed, although it's of minor nuisance to me.

Matt