[mythtv-users] Zotac ION logs

M.A.E.M. Hanson hansonorders at verizon.net
Wed Jan 20 21:15:36 UTC 2010

<clarkaddison [at] gmail> wrote:
 > I just figured the CPU could scale all it wanted I didn't care...
Maybe I
 > should be more concerned about that though, I have the
 > http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure , I wonder how
 > quiet those http://www.mini-box.com/Top-Motor-40x4010mm-Case-Fans are,
 > anyone have any?

I have the IONITX-C-U and IONITX-B-E both in M350 cases.  Bottom line,
they run too hot to go without a fan, IMO.  Watching TV (OTA or HD-PVR)
will push the GPU temp over 85C and into the red on the nvidia-settings
gui.  I have since invested in one of these fans for each case:

Scythe SY124010L Mini Kaze:
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/016/sy124010l_detail.html

They are rated at 14 dBA and are available at newegg for $7 each at this
time (Look in Memory & Chipset Cooling).  With one of these fans in each
case, my GPU temp tops off at ~65C.  Although my FE's are no longer
silent, it was worth the investment, IMO.

Mike