[mythtv-users] problem loading lirc_zilog for HD-PVR in mythbuntu

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 21 02:06:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>lirc_i2c isn't used with the HD-PVR.  HD-PVR's IR blaster only requires lirc_dev and lirc_zilog.
>
> Thanks a lot. That explains. I had configured my remote through Mythbuntu's Infrared setup. Should I undo that (elect for no remote) and then manually configure the lird.conf file? what about the hardware.conf file? should there be any module mentioned in the 'remote' section?

The whole idea behind the remote/transmitter split was to make it
easier for users to run with two different lirc devices. This falls
down on dual-purpose devices that are both send and receive capable.
What you really want is just lirc_zilog to be loaded and a single
lircd instance (the first one, the "remote" one) to be loaded.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com