[mythtv-users] Please wait screen occasionally stays visible during playback (VDPAU)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 21 03:21:50 UTC 2010

When I start playback, the "Please Wait" screen appears while the
video is getting ready to play. Typically that disappears as soon as
playback actually begins. However, occasionally it will stay visible
even after playback begins. I will not be able to see the video play,
but I can hear the audio playing. If I pause and unpause it, the
screen goes away and everything is normal.

Before I file a bug report (I've got a "-v playback " log) I wanted to
know if anybody else has experienced this. I was wondering if perhaps
this is a VDPAU configuration issue rather than a problem in myth
directly. I can only replicate this condition while using a VDPAU
profile. Also, I've noticed that occasionally, if I open another
window in front of myth (like a bash terminal) while it is playing
video, after I close that window I can still see the window over top
of the video. It's like there is an overlay that never gets cleared
(not sure how VDPAU actually works, but that's what it reminds me of).
In that situation, I've also found that if I pause and unpause, the
phantom window goes away, exactly like the Please Wait screen does.

Any idea what may be causing this...perhaps a xorg.conf setting?

--
Ron